Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pray Scripture

Our Bible teacher today suggested that we look at some key scriptures, turn them into prayers and consider spending some time praying those scriptures.  In other words, turn a scripture into a prayer to God.

For example, praying scripture for our first week's verse might look like this:

Most gracious Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word -- the Book of the Law.  May it never depart from my mouth.  Please help me meditate on Your Word day and night -- show me what that looks like -- so that I can be careful to do everything written in it.  God, you said that if I do that THEN I will be prosperous and successful and, Lord, I want to be prosperous and successful in Your eyes and for Your Kingdom.  Thank you for your promises!  Amen.

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.  Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Joshua 1:8


Consider spending some time praying our scriptures during your meditation time this week!


4 comments:

  1. I find Romans chapter 12 a great section of scripture to use in my personal prayer time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I am most excited about is our children learning this stuff at such an early stage of their walk. Can I get an Amen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! Lydia said all of Joshua 1:8 with us today!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE little voices saying Scripture!

    ReplyDelete