Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 207 - Covenant

Daily Reading:  Isaiah 58-60

As for me, this is my covenant with them, says the Lord.  My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever, says the Lord.     Isaiah 59:21

Footnote:  When the Holy Spirit dwells within his people, they change.  Their former desires no longer entice them; now their chief aim is to please God.  We who are Christians today are the heirs of this prophecy; we are able to respond to God's will and distinguish between good and evil because the Holy Spirit dwells within us (John 14:26; Philippians 2:13; Hebrews 5:14).

 Keep reading -- 158 days left!

All footnotes taken from the Life Application Study Bible, NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment