Monday, April 9, 2012

BC - Day 312

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world.  If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews.  But now my kingdom is from another place."


"You are a king, Then!" said Pilate.


Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king.  In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth.  Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."  John 18:36, 37


Footnote:  Pilate asked Jesus a straightforward question and Jesus answered clearly.  Jesus is a king, but one whose kingdom is not of this world.  There seems to have been no question in Pilate's mind that Jesus spoke the truth and was innocent of any crime.  It also seems apparent that while recognizing the truth, Pilate chose to reject it.  It is a tragedy when we fail to recognize the truth.  It is a greater tragedy when we recognize the truth but fail to heed it.


Jesus did many other things as well.  If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.  John 21:25


Footnote:  John's stated purpose for writing his Gospel was to show that Jesus was the Son of God.  He clearly and systematically presented the evidence for Jesus' claims.  When evidence is presented in the courtroom, those who hear it must make a choice.  Those who read the Gospel of John must also make a choice -- is Jesus the Son of God, or isn't he?  You are the jury.  The evidence has been clearly presented.  You must decide.  Read John's Gospel and believe!


JUST KEEP READING.......

All footnotes in italics taken from Life Application Study Bible, International Version.

No comments:

Post a Comment