Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 17 - Job Continues

Daily Reading:  Job 5-7

But if it were I, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him.  Job 5:8

Footnote:

All three of Job's friends made the mistake of assuming that Job had committed some great sin that had caused his suffering. Neither they nor Job knew of Satan's conversation with God. It is human nature to blame people for their own troubles, but Job's story makes it clear that blame cannot always be attached to those whom trouble strikes.

Oh, that I might have my request, that god would grant what I hope for, that God would be willing to crush me, to let loose his hand and cut me off!  Job 6:8,9

Footnote:

In his grief, Job wanted to give in, to be freed from his discomfort, and to die. But God did not grant Job's request. He had a greater plan for him. Our tendency, like Job's, is to want to give up and get out when the going gets rough. To trust God in the good times is commendable, but to trust him during the difficult times tests us to our limits and exercises our faith. In your struggles, large or small, trust that God is in control and that he will take care of you.

Keep reading -- 348 days left!

All footnotes taken from the Life Application Study Bible, NIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment