Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week 38 - Matthew 16:6

“Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”


Life Application Study Bible, NIV footnotes:

Yeast is put into bread to make it rise, and it takes only a little to affect a whole batch of dough.  Jesus used yeast as an example of how a small amount of evil can affect a large group of people.  The wrong teachings of the Pharisees and Sadducees were leading many people astray.  Beware of the tendency to say, "How can this little wrong possibly affect anyone?"

Jesus is talking about the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees here but it also reminds me of my attitude.  There's a saying, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."  That is so true.  My attitude is contagious.  When I'm a happy, cheerful mother, usually I have happy, cheerful children but on the contrary if I wake up grumpy, it can quickly affect my entire household.  It's always good to be on guard.....be on guard for false teaching, attitudes, sin creeping into your life, your tongue.....the list goes on!



BE ON GUARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment