Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 109 - Wait for the Lord

Daily Reading:  Psalm 25-27

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.

Footnote:

By the "house of the Lord' and "his temple," David could be referring to the tabernacle in Gibeon, to the sanctuary he had put up to house the ark of the covenant, or to the temple that his son Solomon was to build.  David probably had the temple in mind because he made many of the plans for it.  But David may also have used the word temple to mean "the presence of the Lord."  His greatest desire was to live in God's presence each day of his life.  Sadly, this is not the greatest desire of many who claim to be believers.  But those who desire to live in God's presence each day will be able to enjoy that relationship forever.

Psalm 27:5
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.

I had this verse marked in my Bible as being my Aunt Jeanie's favorite verse that they read at her funeral.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Footnote:

Waiting for God is not easy.  Often it seems that he isn't answering our prayers or doesn't understand the urgency of our situation.  That kind of thinking implies that God is not in control or is not fair. But God is worth waiting for.  Lamentations 3:24-26 calls us to hope in and wait for the Lord because often God uses waiting to refresh, renew and teach us.  Make good use of your waiting times by discovering what God may be trying to teach you in them.


Having trouble viewing this video?  Visit the blog at www.biblechallengeblog.blogspot.com 

Keep reading -- 256 days left!

All footnotes taken from the Life Application Study Bible, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment