Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 119 - Every Tear

Daily Reading:  Psalm 55-57

When I am afraid,
I will trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can mortal man do to me?
Psalm 56:3, 4

Footnote:

David stated, "What can mortal man do to me?"  How much harm can people do to us?  They can inflict pain, suffering, and death.  But no person can rob us of our souls or our future beyond this life.  How much harm can we do to ourselves?  The worst thing we can do is to reject God and lose our eternal future.  Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul." (Matthew 10:28).  Instead, we should fear God, who controls this life and the next.

Record my lament;
list my tears on your scroll --
are they not in your record?
Psalm 56:8

Footnote:

Even in our deepest sorrow, God cares!  Jesus reminded us further of how much God understands us -- he knows even the number of hairs on our heads (Matthew 10:30).  Often we waver between faith and fear.  When you feel so discouraged that you are sure no one understands, remember that God knows every problem and sees every tear.

Keep reading -- 246 days left!

All footnotes taken from the Life Application Study Bible, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment