Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 265 - A Covenant of Peace

Daily Reading:  Ezekiel 37-39

Only 100 more days!

I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant.  I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever.  My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people.  Then the nations will know that I the Lord make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.  Ezekiel 37:26,27


Footnote:
God's promise here goes beyond the physical and geographical restoration of Israel.  He promises to breathe new spiritual life into his people so that their hearts and attitudes will be right with him and united with one another.  This same process is described throughout God's Word as the cleansing and renewing of our hearts by God's Spirit (Titus 3:4-6).





Keep reading -- 100 days left!

All footnotes taken from the Life Application Study Bible, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment