Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Remaining

I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  John 15:5

Anyone have any thoughts about what it means to "remain" in Jesus?

In the New King James and the English Standard version, the word there is "abide."

Which word do you prefer?

John 15:10 says, "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."

I like to think about our last two verses together -- Joshua 1:8 and John 15:5.  If we meditate on God's Word day and night so that we will be careful to do everything written in it, we will be obeying God's commands and remaining in him.  When we remain in him, we will be prosperous and successful, bearing much fruit.

What are your thoughts on our verse this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment