Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 277 - God Has Chosen Me!

Daily Reading: Haggai 1-3; Zechariah 1,2


On that day, declares the Lord Almighty, I will take you, my servant Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, declares the Lord, and I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you, declares the Lord Almighty.  Haggai 2:23

 
Footnote:  God closed his message to Zerubbabel with this tremendous affirmation:  "I have chosen you."  Such a proclamation is ours as well -- each of us has been chosen by God (Ephesians 1:4).  This truth should make us see our value in God's eyes and motivate us to work for him.  When you feel down, remind yourself, "God has chosen me!" 

 
Haggai's message to the people sought to get their priorities straight, help them quit worrying, and motivate them to rebuild the temple.  Like them, we often place a higher priority on our personal comfort than on God's work and true worship.  But God is pleased and promises strength and guidance when we give him first place in our lives.
 

For this is what the Lord Almighty says:  After he has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you -- for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye -- I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them.  Then you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me.  Zechariah 2:8,9
 

Footnote:  Believers are precious to God (Psalm 116:15); they are his very own children (Psalm 103:13).  Treating any believer unkindly is the same as treating God that way.  As Jesus told his disciples, when we help others we are helping him; when we neglect or abuse them, we are neglecting or abusing him (Matthew 25:34-46).  Be careful, therefore, how you treat fellow believers -- that is the way you are treating God.


 
Keep reading -- 88 days left!

All footnotes taken from the Life Application Study Bible, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment